Happy Hump Day! I'm currently on my second glass of Cabernet after perusing the Facebook comments on #MakeAmericaGreatAgain and #ImWithHer. I'm so ready for the election to get over with. It makes me want to entirely delete Facebook, for good. Moving on...... I wanted to share with you some info on my hair! My hair is naturally pretty thick, and not oily at all. I usually only wash my hair once a week, don't judge!
I've been working with Tyler Lively (check out his Instagram here) since December of 2014, and he totally saved & transformed my hair! This year we started going blonder, or, what I like to call, "Golden." He put in hair extensions back in June and I've been loving them! I go see him every 6-8 weeks to get the extensions & color refreshed. He truly is a hair god.
My hair routine includes the following steps - (ALL products linked at end of post)
1. Shampoo with Oribe Gold Lust Shampoo, Condition with Moroccanoil Hydrating Conditioner (99% of the time I wash my hair at night, before bed).
2. Comb and apply Lanza Keratin Healing Oil, concentrating on the ends especially.
3. Let my hair air dry over night! Since I usually always curl my hair anyway, I don't see the need in blow drying it straight. I think it's a waste of time and also puts unnecessary heat on your hair.
4. The following morning, I do sometimes have to blow dry it for maybe a minute or 2 if it didn't get fully dry overnight.
5. I use a curling wand by T Studio that I got at Target for less than $30. I don't curl the entire strand of hair, mainly from about halfway down.
6. I always brush through the curls, that way they mold together and don't look like Shirley Temple.
7. I finish off with Loreal hairspray. In the pic below, I wanted extra volume, so I sprayed in Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray.
8. Use dry shampoo throughout the week!
Side notes - My hair holds curl pretty well, so every morning I only have to touch up a few pieces with the wand. The less heat you have you use on your hair, the better!
If you follow me on Snapchat, you saw me raving about a new favorite nail polish color by Essie. It's called Go Go Geisha. I linked it at the end of the post as well.
Cheers to good wine and sweet dreams! Xoxo, Meredith
Photographer: Andrea Kinnear Photography + Design (www.andreakinnear.com)