Today is the first post in my Makeup Monday series. I am sharing my current routine for creating a flawless base for your face. I would describe my everyday makeup as natural glam - I love to highlight & contour & use liquid liner, but I usually keep my cheeks & lips pretty neutral. Keep reading for a description of the products & how I apply them. All products are linked at the end of the post for your convenience. P.S. - Have you entered to win the $50 Sephora giveaway on my Instagram? Don't forget!
1. Primer - After letting my moisturizer set in for a few minutes (link to skin care post here), I apply Tarte Clean Slate Powerless 12-Hour Perfecting Primer with my fingers. I concentrate on my t-zone, as that is where I get oily the quickest and where my pores are larger. Like most working women, I do my makeup before 8am and need it to last ALL day! No one wants their face to look beat down by the time 5:00 rolls around. This primer gives my makeup staying power.
2. Foundation - After giving the primer a little while to set, I apply Too Faced Born This Way Absolute Perfecting Foundation in the color Light Beige with a Sigma Flat Top Kabuki Brush. I then run over my face with a damp Beauty Blender to make sure everything is nice and blended. This foundation is great for oily skin. I still have to powder around lunch time, but I don't mind. Born This Way gives you medium-to-full coverage without looking cake-y. Truly a must-try if you haven't already. I just convinced my mom to buy some up last week.
3. Concealer - Next, I apply Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer in Light Sand in a triangular shape under my eyes, using my ring finger. I also conceal along the sides of my nose & around my nostrils, as I tend to have redness there. This is a full coverage concealer that brightens your under-eye area (go a shade or 2 lighter than your foundation). Blend, blend, blend with damp Beauty Blender.
4. Highlight - Apply Mac Prep + Prime in Light Boost at edge of concealer triangle created in step 3. Also make a run down center of nose, between your eyebrows, above your lips, and on the center of your chin. This highlights your face beautifully. Blend with beauty blender.
5. Set Concealer & Highlight - Use a small powder brush or Beauty Blender to apply Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder under your eyes and anywhere that you applied the concealer or highlighter. If you do not set your concealer, it is going to look bad! If you want to set it even more, you can "bake" the powder on by applying a ton of it and letting it sit for 5-10 minutes. Then, brush off excess powder. Just search YouTube for baking.
6. Bronzer/Contour - While my powder is "baking" I apply Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer to the hollows of my cheek bones, jawline & edge of forehead with Mac 168 Large Angled Contour Brush. I also use this to contour my nose. This is my all-time favorite bronzer & it actually smells like chocolate.
7. Finishing Powder - Lastly, I apply Mac Mineralize Skin Finish Powder in Medium Plus all over my face (excluding under eye area) with a large powder brush. This powder is an Instagram filter for the skin!
After these steps I move on to eyes, brows, cheeks & lips. These routines will be discussed thoroughly in following Makeup Monday posts. Let me know if you have any questions, I would love to hear from you! xoxo, Meredith
SHOP THE POST: